Land Use & Environment Group Open Performance
The Land Use and Environment Group protects the health and safety of residents and preserves and enhances the natural environment in which they live by unifying the County of San Diego’s efforts in land use, environmental protection and preservation, agriculture, recreation and infrastructure development and maintenance.
Through a variety of programs and services, the Land Use & Environment Group (LUEG) works to protect public health, preserve the environment, and improve the quality of life for San Diego County residents and visitors, and for future generations.
LUEG departments work with members of the community and its partners to:
- Improve air and water quality
- Enhance food safety
- Boost consumer confidence
- Encourage sustainable development
- Preserve natural and agricultural resources
- Maintain critical infrastructure
- Provide recreation and education opportunities